Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 1, Tuesday: Beef and Bok Choy Stir-Fry

Week 1, Tuesday: Beef and Bok Choy Stir-Fry


As I looked at this recipe, I knew it was going to go over better than Monday's because we eat rice and stir fry all the time. Bok choy was something I had never cooked or eaten, but in general the picture didn't look any scarier than anything Adam and I tried in our Chinese cooking class 6 years ago.



It took me a few minutes to slice the flank steak correctly, but once I did we were in business. This recipe really was quick and easy, and the flavor was amazing! I think the fresh ginger really did it. I use dry ginger all the time, but there really is no comparison. The kids loved the meat, and we all loved the dish. I wasn't in love with the bok choy (it's bitter, imo), but Adam said it was pretty good if you chop it up small and just mix it in with the rice and beef.


Overall:
Tasted so good! And everyone ate at least a little, so it was a hit with the family. If I make it again, I might tenderize the meat, and serve it with a steak knife. And I'd add cornstarch to the sauce to thicken it up. This recipe is a keeper!

No comments: