Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 4, Thursday: Gnocchi With Roasted Cauliflower

Something very different:

Week 4, Thursday: Gnocchi With Roasted Cauliflower

I had no idea what gnocchi was, so I had to look it up before I went grocery shopping. I learned that gnocchi is potato dumplings and FYI, it's in the freezer section, near the ravioli. We all liked the taste of them, but they were pretty bland. So I think they might be good in a soup, maybe instead of potatoes. What I really liked about this dinner was the cauliflower. I generally really dislike cauliflower, but it was so yummy roasted. I think I will try that again as a side dish.

(I know, not much color, eh? Adam went so far as to exclaim, "Slugs?!" when he saw the picture.)

Bottom line:
A good dinner that everyone ate. I will use the components again, but maybe not in the same dish.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Mmm...we love gnocchi at our house! Usually we have it with marinara sauce and freshly grated parmesan. Never thought of pairing it with cauliflower, so I'm definitely going to try this one!