Monday, February 8, 2010

Photog Practice

The photography class I took last week was phenomenal. You can go here and here to check out the instructors' work. I've taken a class before, but I learned more in one hour with Stacia and Kellie than I did in my whole 4-week community ed course.

Today was a beautiful day, so I knew I had to get out and practice using what I learned before I forgot it. Here are my favorite shots from the afternoon.

ISO 1600, f/5, 1/2500 second

ISO 200, f/4.2, 1/800 second

ISO 1250, f/20, 1/250 second
Look at that gorgeous sky! And the beautiful mountain . . . I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place.
P.S. For some seriously awesome photography inspiration, check out my friend, Cynthia's blog. I look forward to each new post!

5 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Your pictures look great! I have been really into photography lately. I wish i was there with you so we could practice together!
p.s. I got a 50mm lens with a 1.8 f/stop for christmas that I love. What lens are you thinking of getting??

Rachel said...

Oh, that's the lens I want!! So fun.

Molly said...

They look great Rachel, nice job!

Becky said...

Awesome pics! I wish I could take a class like that!

Enjoli Veazie said...

I cannot believe how big titus has gotten. We really need to get together. the pictures you took are beautiful!