Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Flashback - Swim Lessons

Well, the weather has finally started cooling down here (although it's supposed to be back into the 80s by the end of the week, I suppose that's about as fall-ish as we get), and I realized you missed our whole summer!  I stopped posting sometime in June when things got crazy and I got exhausted.  So, I'm going to take the next couple of Fridays and flashback to our hot summer fun. 

Swim Lessons (May 31-June 10, 2010)

We have done swim lessons almost every year since Isaiah was old enough for the parent/tot class at Sand Hollow Aquatic Center.  I have yet to sit in the lobby and watch through the window--every year we've done lessons, I've had a toddler.  This year was my sixth year taking the parent/tot class, and my third time doing it pregnant.  I can practically teach the class myself. 

Max took a day to warm up, but then he started to really enjoy himself.  He especially loved singing the duck song and playing with the alligator.  Isaiah did great passing everything off in his level (it was his second year on that level), and Katie surprised us with her proficiency at floating.  Here are some shots from our last day: 

 Isaiah swimming (in the middle foreground)
 Katie floating
Max and me during free time

1 comment:

Echolaylee said...

Swim lessons are so fun! We missed them this year because we literally did not have a two week block that we weren't going out of town or doing something else that prevented us from being somewhere specific. Sad. It's fun that you've taken the tot class that many times. My kids are deprived, only Rylee took that class!