Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nesting Projects #6, #7, #8, & #9: High Chair Cover, Crocheted Beanie, and Headbands and Flower Clips

Today was Lily's due date, and in honor of passing this day with a 2-week-old in my arms, I thought I'd post the some of the nesting projects I never got to post before she was born.  Believe me there were more, but I'll spare you and just show you my favorites. 

High chair cover before:


High chair cover after:
I got the inspiration to make a new cover for our old high chair after seeing this on Make It and Love It.  I actually did this back in July, thinking Max could benefit from a cleaner, comfier chair much sooner than the baby would.  But it was for her, too. 


This beanie was born from another nesting project altogether, which I was working on for Lily's newborn portrait session.  I made this beanie practicing the technique (and because I didn't have the right yarn for the other), and liked it so much I decided to keep it.  I had an unfortunate unravelling accident just as we took the above picture at the hospital, and ended up making another one (a little bigger this time), so maybe you'll get to see a better picture of her in it in the future.


I found a tutorial for this headband on A Load Of Craft while searching for instructions on how to make a cover for a boppy (another project that has yet to be completed--if I decide to do it at all).  I had all the components just sitting in my hairbow-making supplies, so I made one while I was working on the next project:


Flower clips (and hair bows)!  Not the best picture of the bows, but Lily in the background makes up for that, right?  I'm not even going to try to post a link to a tutorial on these since most people already do this.  If you don't know how to make them, come to my house, and we'll sit and chat while we hot glue our fingers together.   Why did I make these?  My sweet friend Kelie gave us the most adorable headbands and flower clips (you can see one here).  Most people would have received that gift and just been so excited to dress up their little girl in them.  But I have a sickness.  I saw it and was excited to put them on my baby, and then thought how great it would be to have one for every outfit.  So, I had to make some fresh flower clips (despite the fact that I think we have almost 100 of them already), and I made another headband like it in black.  Seriously, someone needs to stop me. 

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh man, we need a new highchair cover! I'll add that to my list of projects.

The Yoder's Five said...

I LOVE the highchair cover!!! Nice job! And I know that if I were to venture into making hair bows, there would be no turning back and I'd have 500 of them. I'm with ya, sister.

I can't believe Lily is 2 weeks already! She is so beautiful!! And as for your birth story, I am impressed with anyone who wants to go natural at all. The only reason I went natural with Luke is because I had no choice--he was born 30 minutes after I got to the hospital. I am VERY pro-epidural, pro-mom's choice of whatever she wants to do.

Star @ A Load Of Craft said...

Great job on all this!! The headband is super cute, I especially love the bling in the middle :)