Monday, March 28, 2011

Magnificent Brownies

Are you itching for a recipe?  Me, too.  How about some chocolate?  Oh, I so need some chocolate right now....

I got this awesome recipe from my sister, Anne, who got it from a friend.  She and I both have never made it with the original frosting, however.  So this is my adaptation.  (Here you go, cute girls from my ward!  The boys can have their pinewood derby, we'll enjoy our brownies....)

Magnificent Brownies
4 cups sugar
4 cups flour
8 eggs
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups chocolate chips (I always use milk chocolate, for everything.  If you prefer semi-sweet, use that.)
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together.  Add eggs one at a time.  Add flour, cocoa, and salt.  Mix to combine.  Add chocolate chips. 

Grease baking sheet (not a regular cookie sheet, one of those big silver pans, you know what I mean?) and bake at 350 degrees for about 38 minutes.  (The original recipe said 28 minutes, but mine were still a little jiggly at that point.  At 38 minutes they were just barely underdone, enough to make them a tiny bit gooey.)  Cool before cutting. 

2 comments:

The Yoder's Five said...

Those sound absolutely sinful!!!

Suzy said...

These sound wonderfully mouthwatering! I will have to make them sometime soon.