Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 4, Tuesday: Chicken With Spinach and Mushrooms

This dinner was so awful that when I asked Adam what he thought of it, he plead the 5th. And when I teased him for only picking at it, he teased back about how "filling" it was: like Elvish bread, one bite fills you for a day. Sure, Honey. But I love that he is so kind as to not complain about it, especially in front of the kids. With that glowing review, here is the recipe:

All I could think about as I was cooking was "Don't crowd the mushrooms!" If you've seen Julie & Julia you know what I mean. It does look better than it tasted, and it doesn't look all that great in the picture. (It looked amazing in the pan, as long as you ignored the smoke smell from scorching the chicken.)


Final thoughts:

I think it's clear I won't make this again. The chicken was too bland (not to mention burnt, but that's not the recipe's fault), the vegetables (and fungi) were probably some of our least favorites, so there you go.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Hmmm, I don't know what to say about this one.

I like a supreme pizza, you know, with mushrooms, peppers, etc., but I don't know if I can figure out the taste of this one. lol