Monday, August 30, 2010

Another milestone

Look!  Sleeping in a big boy bed!  Tonight's the first night so we'll see if it sticks, but I have to say: he looks so big in that bed.  It's crazy how excited he was as we set it up.  He kept turning off the light, climbing in, and declaring a "nap." 

As a side note, isn't it cute that he's sleeping with a baby doll?  The last week or two he's been asking me to sing "Rock-a-Bye Baby" at bedtime instead of our usual "I'm a Child of God."  And he's enlisted Katie in sharing her baby dolls so that he can rock them and cuddle them, too.  I don't know if it's coincidence or if it's all the baby talk around our house, but he is definitely in a nurturing mood lately.  Either way, it's good timing.  Hopefully he will continue taking care of his "baby" alongside me in a few weeks. 

5 comments:

Jen, Gabe and kiddos said...

How do you get him to stay in the bed?!? Z was crawling out of his crib, but instead of switching him over, we put one of those netted tent contraptions over his crib! =)

bladenfamily said...

Seriously, how do you make him stay in there? I can barely keep Hal in her crib. She (I mean I!) couldn't do it! At least you have a new little baby on the way to fill your crib. Maybe that's why I don't want to do it!

Suzy said...

He looks right at home in his bed! I hope the first night went well.

Rachel said...

The first night is a novelty...I'm not claiming we have any secrets. In fact he's "napping" in there right now, but ican hear him talking and playing.

Molly said...

It always seems like the napping is the hard part.